How much does it cost to start a dealership?
The one-time exclusive dealership fee is $35,900. You can join a winning team for as little as $5,000 down as an initial investment.
The ForeverLawn dealership fee includes brand licensing and your exclusive territory, as well as the following items:
Tools and Technology:
- New dealer pack.
- New dealer onboarding training.
- Marketing tools.
- The Matrix by ForeverLawn.
- ForeverLawn Online.
- ForeverLawn University.
Home Office Support:
- Order processing.
- Dealer support.
- Customer support.
Does ForeverLawn offer financing for new dealers?
Yes. We will finance the dealership fee for 12 months.
What kind of qualities do you look for in potential dealership owners?
Because of the unique relationship we have with our dealers, we are very focused on finding the right fit. While we will look at each potential dealer individually and make that decision, here are some basic guidelines of what we are looking for:
- Integrity and business ethics. Since this entity will be the face of the ForeverLawn brand in that region, we hold a high standard of ethics for the potential dealer.
- Entrepreneurial mindset. We want someone who is starting a business, not looking for a job. We have developed a great support system and are willing to train and assist, but the potential dealer needs to know that ultimately their success/failure is up to them.
- Focus. We prefer someone who is focused on this as a sole business venture. If it is being added to an existing business or if the potential dealer owns other businesses, we’d like to see at least one person be set as a focused manager of ForeverLawn operations.
- Driven. Successful business owners are goal-oriented and self-motivated individuals.
- Financially stable. We don’t have a specific net worth or liquidity requirement, but we are looking for a financially stable business.
- Willingness to invest. In addition to the initial Exclusive License Agreement fee, there will be a need for investment in marketing, advertising, tools, supplies, etc.
- Willingness to learn. Successful people are active learners and then put what they learn into action.
- Growth minded. We are not looking for a manager to just maintain an existing business, we want a leader who is looking to grow an enterprise.
- Ability to influence others. Sales or business ownership background is helpful, but not required as this can be learned. What is required is the ability to relate to others, to be comfortable discussing new topics with new people, and the ability to influence others.
We expect a ForeverLawn Exclusive Dealership to be a full-service marketing, sales, installation, and customer service business for the defined exclusive territory. We expect that this entity will learn, market, and promote all of the ForeverLawn vertical markets including ForeverLawn® Landscape™, Playground Grass™, K9Grass®, GolfGreens®, and SportsGrass®. It is understood that there will likely be a focus in two to three of those vertical markets, but the ability to service all customers in the territory is important.
We feel there is tremendous opportunity for ForeverLawn growth throughout North America, and we are excited to partner with entrepreneurs to capitalize on their local markets.
What is the average revenue of a ForeverLawn dealership?
The average first year revenue is $300,000. Beyond that, successful ForeverLawn dealerships have a revenue range of $700,000 – $1,200,000 or more.
Do you offer a training program to prospective dealership owners?
Yes. The ForeverLawn training center is in Louisville, Ohio, right next door to our home office. ForeverLawn dealers receive training in:
- Business operation/start-up.
We also offer ongoing training in these same topic areas 4 times a year.
Can I choose the location of my dealership?
Yes. Our dealership onboarding team will work with you to assess your market and help you choose the best location for your dealership. See priority ForeverLawn synthetic grass markets.
Am I required to live in the city where my dealership is located?
We require that our dealers either live or have an office/warehouse within their exclusive territory.
Can I purchase a dealership with a partner?
Yes. We celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit and encourage partnership where it makes sense.
Is there an opportunity to acquire more than one ForeverLawn dealership?
Yes. Once your dealership is established and you’re seeing success in your initial territory, we would certainly be interested in talking to you more about the possibility of expansion.
What are the benefits of owning a dealership vs. franchising?
In general, the difference between a dealership and a franchise is that a dealership is run by an independent entrepreneur, while a franchise is managed by the franchisee. Owning a dealership typically gives the entrepreneur more freedom as to how the business is run.
Benefits of owning a dealership vs. a franchise include:
- Flexible business model. You have the freedom to run your business how you see fit.
- Exclusive territory. Establishing an exclusive territory for your business helps eliminate competition between dealers.
- No ongoing fees. A dealer model typically only requires one initial fee, whereas franchising requires ongoing monthly franchise fees.
What kind of dealership support does ForeverLawn offer?
We have over 60 team members in the ForeverLawn home office. The team’s number one goal is to support our dealers. We offer:
- Graphic design support.
- Marketing support.
- Installation assistance.
- Sales training.
- Product knowledge.
- Specific dealership support.
Do you offer promotional materials to your dealerships?
Yes. The new dealer kit includes samples, brochures, and other marketing collateral. Additional resources and promotional materials can always be purchased from our company store.
New dealers also receive an iPad that comes installed with our exclusive estimating app, The Matrix, to simplify the process of quoting your projects. The licensing fee for The Matrix is waived for the first year.
How long does it typically take to start a dealership?
The onboarding process typically takes anywhere from two to five months, but varies based on individual circumstances. Upon dealership approval, you’ll need to complete onboarding training in Ohio.
What are the steps involved in becoming a ForeverLawn dealer?
- Submit a dealership inquiry form online.
- A ForeverLawn new dealer onboarding team member will contact you within 48 hours.
- Work with the onboarding team to assess your market and complete the necessary due diligence to ensure ForeverLawn is the right fit for your business.
- Review business opportunity plan with new dealer onboarding team.
- Have a phone call with ForeverLawn owners, Dale & Brian Karmie. This is an opportunity to meet, ask questions, share ideas, and discuss business plans and operations.
- Visit the ForeverLawn home office in Louisville, Ohio, to meet Dale, Brian, and the home office team.
- Complete drug and background check.
- Upon dealership approval, sign a ForeverLawn Exclusive Dealer Agreement.
- Complete onboarding training in Ohio.
- Start your own ForeverLawn dealership with the full support of the home office team and onsite installation liaisons.
How does ForeverLawn support community and philanthropic efforts on a corporate level?
ForeverLawn has a passion for community, and we aim to help improve homes, businesses, and public spaces with our synthetic grass products.
We offer our support and charitable contributions to many organizations that are local to our home office. Examples of these would be the local church, the YMCA, and various other charities. Our dealers are encouraged, but not required, to do the same if they are able.